Notices

All other sports Well, anything not listed above goes here!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,654 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

Ya, I'm very nervous about the whole thing, but I'm also very excited to watch.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #12
Cathy
Shot Bun

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,641 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 29 Times in 27 Posts

I am excited, but I also apprehensive as well....I will be watching lots of figure skating

Old 01-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #13
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Curling!!!!! Hockey!!!!!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

We close our eyes
Old 01-31-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,468 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

Cathy I'm with you! Can't wait for the figure skating and speed skating.
Wow, that gay thing is crazy!!! It's seriously against the law to be gay there?? WOW I didn't know that at all. I would NOT feel safe sending my son or daughter to the olympics this year. I too will be on pins and needles and hope for the best and everyone's safety.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

FIRST LOOK AT SOCHI special TONIGHT 8/7c on NBC!

We close our eyes

Old 02-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #16
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,456 Times in 5,418 Posts
Groans: 282
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

i believe i said this was going to be a disaster.. been saying it since they announced RUSSIA

Shaun White bows out of slopestyle event, citing risk

Snowboarding star Shaun White announced Wednesday he will not compete in the slopestyle event debuting in the Sochi games, citing the risk of injury associated with the course.

“After much deliberation with my team, I have made the decision to focus solely on trying to bring home the third straight gold medal in halfpipe for Team USA,” White told TODAY in a statement. “The difficult decision to forego slopestyle is not one I take lightly as I know how much effort everyone has put into holding the slopestyle event for the first time in Olympic history, a history I had planned on being a part of. “

White’s announcement comes after he took a fall Tuesday and jammed his left wrist while on a practice run on the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park course. It’s the latest in a slew of small injuries the snowboarder has experienced.

“With the practice runs I have taken, even after course modifications and watching fellow athletes get hurt, the potential risk of injury is a bit too much for me to gamble my other Olympics goals on,” White said.

While there is inherent dangers in a sport like slopestyle, in which competitors are judged on a variety of tricks they do on rails, boxes and jumps, White is among several snowboarders who’ve expressed concerns about Rosa Khutor Extreme Park. Criticism increased after Torstein Horgmo of Norway, considered a medal contender, fell off of a rail Monday and broke his collarbone — knocking him out of the Games.

Canada’s Sebastian Toutant said the course felt like "jumping out of a building,” and Finland’s Roope Tonteri told reporters that it was “pretty sketchy,” adding, “I just don’t want to get injured. It’s not a really fun course to ride.”

Changes were made to the course after feedback from riders on Monday — the combined height of all three of its jumps were reduced by about six feet. Snowboarders said the changes were an improvement.

“They put some wax on the rails, so it’s not as slick,” Toutant told the Globe and Mail. “And the jumps are still really high, but they made the transition to the jumps way smoother. I still think they could cut the jumps down a little bit, so it makes a smoother transition.”

But White and others still took falls. Tuesday, Finnish snowboarder Marika Enne crashed on the course’s final jump and was taken out on a stretcher after hitting her head.

White is now focusing all of his energy on the men's halfpipe, and if he succeeds, he'll make history as the first American man to win three Olympic gold medals in a single event.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,456 Times in 5,418 Posts
Groans: 282
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

and even more troubles..... STILL cant believe the committee would approved this venue!!!

NBC News' Richard Engel: My Computers, Cellphone Were Hacked 'Almost Immediately' In Sochi

Being a reporter at the Sochi Olympic Games just got even worse.

NBC News' Richard Engel said that upon arriving in Russia to cover the upcoming event, he was hacked "almost immediately" -- and privacy is not something visitors should expect to have.

"It doesn't take long here for someone to try to tap into your laptop, cellphone or tablet," he said Tuesday night.

Engel decided to test Russia's privacy system with the help of American computer security expert Kyle Wilhoit, who set him up with two brand new computers and a phony identity, with fake names and addresses. When Engel connected them to the Internet in Sochi, he said he quickly received a suspicious email and was shocked when his computer was hijacked immediately after opening the email.

"In a minute, hackers were snooping around," he said. "The same thing happened with my cellphone -- it was very fast and very professional."

Within 24 hours, both of Engel's computers and his cell phone had been invaded, giving hackers the ability to tap and record phone calls. Brian Williams reported Tuesday night that "visitors of Russia can expect to be hacked"-- and it's not just reporters.

“The State Department warns that travelers should have no expectation of privacy," Engel told Williams on NBC's "Nightly News." "Even in their hotel rooms. And as we found out, you are especially exposed as soon as you try and communicate with anything.”
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #18
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,464 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

WHEEEEE! What a PR nightmare for someone to figure out!
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldon For This Useful Post:
Shiny Beige (02-07-2014)

Old 02-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

ANOTHER OLYMPICS special tonight 8/7c on NBC before the events begin tomorrow!

We close our eyes
Old 02-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #20
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

THE GAMES kick off TONIGHT 8/7c on NBC!

We close our eyes