Survivor Survivor David vs. Goliath!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #41
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,672 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

Cirie getting schooled on the rules was priceless!!! She really screwed up on that and I can't see her lasting much longer because of it.

Sarah is a little boring. Lol. But I respect her game for sure. I'm starting to wonder if her jury management has been all that good, it doesn't seem like it.

I can see Troyzan making it to the end based on the fact that he has done nothing for 35 days. He is the goat of the season.

Tai annoys me. I hope story don't think he really knows how to play Survior. Perhaps that is just my perception, but I never really understand where he is coming from.

I can see Brad going on a challenge streak. I think he has played well enough all season to win in the end if he makes it.

No real opinion on Aubrey. She is just there. Lol

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #42
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Groans: 70
Groaned at 37 Times in 30 Posts

LOl I always forget Aubrey is there.

They have put emphasis on wether the jury would be bitter or not. Which makes me think Sarah is in the final 3. I mean we know she is not going in the next TC LOL.

Next Tribal could be even more screwed up than this past one.
requiem (05-22-2017)

Old 05-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #43
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
Cirie getting schooled on the rules was priceless!!! She really screwed up on that and I can't see her lasting much longer because of it.

Sarah is a little boring. Lol. But I respect her game for sure. I'm starting to wonder if her jury management has been all that good, it doesn't seem like it.

I can see Troyzan making it to the end based on the fact that he has done nothing for 35 days. He is the goat of the season.

Tai annoys me. I hope story don't think he really knows how to play Survior. Perhaps that is just my perception, but I never really understand where he is coming from.

I can see Brad going on a challenge streak. I think he has played well enough all season to win in the end if he makes it.

No real opinion on Aubrey. She is just there. Lol
Tai annoys the heck out of me. I honestly don't know if that's his honest-to-goodness game play, or if he's just out in left field all the time.
requiem (05-22-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #44
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,654 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

SEASON FINALE with REUNION SHOW tonight 8/7c on CBS!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #45
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19wingz View Post
SEASON FINALE with REUNION SHOW tonight 8/7c on CBS!

Survivor - No Good Deed Goes Unpunished (Sneak Peek) - YouTube
Who watched the finale?? I had no idea until today that Sarah is from Iowa! How did I not know that? I like her much better now. LOL!!
requiem (05-25-2017)

Old 05-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #46
requiem
Ruby Chen

Sarah : Mad props to this girl. She was so well spoken at that final tribal and 100% deserved the win. She wasn't the most exciting person, but she controlled that game for a long while and I'm glad they weren't bitter about her game. When Andrea got a little emotional talking about her, I wasn't sure where the votes were going to go but I'm glad they reward the person who took the biggest risks and played HARD.

Brad : I was team Brad for most of the season. He was flawless for the first half, a fighter for the second half....and back to the Brad I remember by the end. He claims it was an unfair edit, but I think he was way too aggressive and just didn't care to make personal bonds. He had a chance to really talk about Michella but only knew the surface details. He won a lot and props for that, but I just wasn't enjoying him on the last few episodes.

Troyzan : Mad respect for how classy he was at the finale. He knew he had no shot in hell at winning and he took the time to just really reflect on his experience and the amazing bonds he made. I went into this not liking him, forgot about him for most of the season and by the end...I wouldn't be mad if he came back again.

Tai : I still have little to no respect for his scattered game play, but I'm thrilled he aired out the Brad/Idol thing during his tribal, as well as just generally airing anything he could on Brad. Tai seems like a really great person, I just don't like the way he plays the game. It's too of the moment and I don't think that makes a great player.

Aubrey : She was such a small part of the season for me that I just don't really have anything to say. I assumed she was going to get voted off first, so respect for making it as far as she did. She's a fighter for sure and really, made it super far both times she has played. She will be back on this show again, I'm sure of it.

Cirie : SWEET JESUS!!!! I actually cried when Cirie was "voted out"....I felt so very very bad for her and how she went out. I hope she plays again because she is a class act and as always, a phenomenal player.......

.....On Cirie's note, I think it's time to calm down on the Idols and advantages. There should never be a situation where 5 people are safe. I don't blame the producers, it's kind of just a freak accident that it happened, but it still cost a great player a chance to go further. In the final 5 after the last vote, Jeff asked if anyone had an idol....does that mean one was hidden again after the final 6 elimination? Did no one look for it?

Brad seemed really aggitated at the finale, almost annoying. He had an interview with EW where he talked a lot about his unfair edit and said him or Monica would never play again.

Zeke was so damn classy on that reunion. I was happy to hear he is doing well.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the way they did tribal council. It takes away any chance of a great Sue Hawk speech, but it was refreshing and seemed to actually get more info out than usual. I hope they stick to this format for a bit.

Overall....it was an okay season. It felt like it was a lot of BIG moments but something still felt a little off. It seemed like most of the players weren't having any fun which has always been a recipe for a lukewarm season. Loved the cast, I think the right person won and I as always, look forward to next season.

Speaking of next season...I'm growing tired of them breaking it into such subgroups. Heroes v. Hustlers v. healers? That just sound silly from the get go......I think that Bellhop is going to be REALLY entertaining.

Note to myself for next season....ignore spoilers. That kind of took some of the fun away for me.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
Old 05-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #47
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
Sarah : Mad props to this girl. She was so well spoken at that final tribal and 100% deserved the win. She wasn't the most exciting person, but she controlled that game for a long while and I'm glad they weren't bitter about her game. When Andrea got a little emotional talking about her, I wasn't sure where the votes were going to go but I'm glad they reward the person who took the biggest risks and played HARD.

Brad : I was team Brad for most of the season. He was flawless for the first half, a fighter for the second half....and back to the Brad I remember by the end. He claims it was an unfair edit, but I think he was way too aggressive and just didn't care to make personal bonds. He had a chance to really talk about Michella but only knew the surface details. He won a lot and props for that, but I just wasn't enjoying him on the last few episodes.

Troyzan : Mad respect for how classy he was at the finale. He knew he had no shot in hell at winning and he took the time to just really reflect on his experience and the amazing bonds he made. I went into this not liking him, forgot about him for most of the season and by the end...I wouldn't be mad if he came back again.

Tai : I still have little to no respect for his scattered game play, but I'm thrilled he aired out the Brad/Idol thing during his tribal, as well as just generally airing anything he could on Brad. Tai seems like a really great person, I just don't like the way he plays the game. It's too of the moment and I don't think that makes a great player.

Aubrey : She was such a small part of the season for me that I just don't really have anything to say. I assumed she was going to get voted off first, so respect for making it as far as she did. She's a fighter for sure and really, made it super far both times she has played. She will be back on this show again, I'm sure of it.

Cirie : SWEET JESUS!!!! I actually cried when Cirie was "voted out"....I felt so very very bad for her and how she went out. I hope she plays again because she is a class act and as always, a phenomenal player.......

.....On Cirie's note, I think it's time to calm down on the Idols and advantages. There should never be a situation where 5 people are safe. I don't blame the producers, it's kind of just a freak accident that it happened, but it still cost a great player a chance to go further. In the final 5 after the last vote, Jeff asked if anyone had an idol....does that mean one was hidden again after the final 6 elimination? Did no one look for it?

Brad seemed really aggitated at the finale, almost annoying. He had an interview with EW where he talked a lot about his unfair edit and said him or Monica would never play again.

Zeke was so damn classy on that reunion. I was happy to hear he is doing well.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the way they did tribal council. It takes away any chance of a great Sue Hawk speech, but it was refreshing and seemed to actually get more info out than usual. I hope they stick to this format for a bit.

Overall....it was an okay season. It felt like it was a lot of BIG moments but something still felt a little off. It seemed like most of the players weren't having any fun which has always been a recipe for a lukewarm season. Loved the cast, I think the right person won and I as always, look forward to next season.

Speaking of next season...I'm growing tired of them breaking it into such subgroups. Heroes v. Hustlers v. healers? That just sound silly from the get go......I think that Bellhop is going to be REALLY entertaining.

Note to myself for next season....ignore spoilers. That kind of took some of the fun away for me.
You've echoed most of how I felt about the season. I was "Team Ozzy" and then after he was voted off I ended up hoping Culpepper would win. But he was such a jerk at the end -- and even at the finale show -- I was disappointed. I felt really bad for Cerie too when she got voted off -- that was a crappy set of circumstances. For me, Tai just came across as a whiny baby. I started out not caring about Troyzan, but he was a class act at the end -- good for him. LOVED the way they did tribal council.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #48
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Groans: 70
Groaned at 37 Times in 30 Posts

Like I said before Sarah was boring as a person (to me) but she played a hell of a game. As a Kim fan I know how others felt when she won LOL.

What happened to Cirie was sad Going a whole season with no vote cast against you only to go home. But I can understand why it happened. I just think they should go back to basics with no special powers. Or change the saying to "Outlast outwit outplay outhuntforidols"

I too really liked the format they used at FTC. Reminded me of the old Big Brother Jury sessions before they made it live.

Last edited by TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs; 05-26-2017 at 08:26 PM.
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #49
requiem
Ruby Chen

I normally like the idols, it just turned out to be a killer for cutie. She got caught by a perfect storm. That girl deserves a win! She has played 3 stellar games and 1 shitty one.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby