Notices

Big Brother 21! Premieres June 25, 2019!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,672 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts
Default My thoughts on S21

Hard to believe we are at the end of another season! Although for me, I stopped watching after about week 5 or 6. Thanks to you guys and the recaps at Entertainment Weekly, I have stayed caught up but in a way that doesnít require to watch a season I truly hated.

My reason for this season boils down to cast, with no one being exempt from my distain. The dominate players (Jackson, Jack, Christy) were cruel and relentless. The underdogs (Cliff, Nicole, etc) were stale and did absolutely nothing to change their spots for weeks on end, often times just doing what they were told when the opportunity had struck to do otherwise. Everyone else (Tommy, Holly, the rest) just played their roles and nothing more. I was rooting for Kat at one point simply because she reminded me of Janelle. KAT! ROOTING FOR KAT! Thatís fucked up.

The season was mostly twist free. Camp comeback could have been cool and brought a fun new aspect to the season, sadly the evicted houseguests were too compliant to make waves in their attempts to come back into the house. It was a waste of screen time in the end and I hope they just deploy this twist in the future, it has potential.

I thought the challenges were a step up this season, although they still donít meet or beat anything on The Glass House (yes, I realize this was a 1 season thing from a million years ago. Still the one to beat in his department.) I especially loved the challenge that involved snakes. It was jarring and as a houseguest I imagine that isnít the easiest thing to do. The smells One was also top notch and I hope they go down this path in the future.

As for my rankings...

1. Jackson - I absolutely hate that this man is my number one. HATE. He has proven to be racist, misogynistic, ill tempered and seemingly insane at moments. I would not want to be his friend in the real world nor do I think my opinion would change. That said, he walked into that game knowing who he was, he didnít back down from it for a god damn second and he truly outplayed every last person in that game in every possible way. He did what he had to, created what he had to and did it all out in the open and manipulated every person to believe in the gospel of Jackson. The 2nd cherry on top would be his challenge wins, impressive indeed. Fuck this asshole, but give him the win.

2. Holly - I donít know, she did things.

3. Nicole - COULD HAVE CHANGED THE GAME. Her and Cliff not voting out Holly at 5 was awful gameplay from 2 people that have managed to fuck up almost every aspect of their game at the wrong times. I do not think Nicole has played a good game and although personality wise she is BY FAR my favourite, I canít help but think that Nicole needs to use this season as a lesson and come back on again when she is ready to really break free. I know there are likely a lot of Nicole fans and I totally get it. But this one doesnít check off nearly enough boxes to even be a contender.

Was fun enjoying the season with you all and donít forget...

...SURVIVOR STARTS NEXT WEEK! XOXO

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to requiem For This Useful Post:
19wingz (09-23-2019), Mystycl (09-24-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,654 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

My literal thoughts, exactly! LOL

Also. #ripglasshouse

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
requiem (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
wetboy78
Junior Yakster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tend to agree with your "no one being exempt from my distain."
wetboy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wetboy78 For This Useful Post:
requiem (09-23-2019)

Old 09-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,456 Times in 5,418 Posts
Groans: 282
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

what he said!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:14 AM   #5
Brasse
Junior Yakster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess I'm the only one cutting Jackson some slack. haha
Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brasse For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 04:52 AM   #6
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,456 Times in 5,418 Posts
Groans: 282
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

im sorry but i think you are... his behavior in the house (on the feeds) was just awful!

but i am glad for your that your fave won!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote