Notices

Yak On! Need to chill? Chat about anything here. Birthdays, holidays, general help and medical topics discussed as well!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,627 Times in 1,796 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default I go in and out of here

Life seems to just take over and drive me bonkers. Just to catch everyone up.

Alexis is doing so well. She's working 3 days a week at a place that comes under disability services. And she's moving so freely but still with a walker.

The new thing is this: My husband, on February 9th, lost his peripheral vision on the right side of his right eye. We thought it was a sinus infection because he threw up for a couple of days and all of that.
Well last Monday we went in to set up his cataract surgery (this was March 12th) and 3 hours after all the tests, the doctor said now you need to go to the ER. My head thought do they have emergency cataract surgery or something? But no. They felt he had a stroke on 2/9 so they wanted him to go straight to the ER.

Long story very short, after a CT scan Monday evening, an MRI Wednesday morning, come to find out he had a hemorraghic stroke. He seems so fine except for the vision thing. Anyway he has an appointment with the vascular/stroke clinic on 4/5. Thursday he had an echocardiogram and a carotid artery test but we don't have the results for those.

I'm sure we'll hear about those. Man, in my home, first Alexis with her TBI, then Armando with AIDS, then Alexis and her car accident and now my husband and his stroke.

Well, good thing I'm strong.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (03-19-2018), TheKdd (03-31-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,327 Times in 5,295 Posts
Groans: 272
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

strongest woman on the planet!!

you know we're here.... and we love you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mystycl For This Useful Post:
grandmamichelf (03-24-2018), TheKdd (03-31-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,904 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

In life we are asked to answer's adversity's beckoning with one of two choices: walk with it or flee it's presence. Adversity loves the hunt and prey's on weakness. In the face of adversity we have to choose whether to adapt and survive, or simply cower in it's face. You haven't backed down from a fight in ages, nor will you back down from a fight in the present or future. Instead of cowering in the face of adversity, you stand tall. You may not have the answers, nor do the questions but what you do have is the courage to face whatever comes before you.

None of us know what the cards we're going to be dealt with hold. The only cards we know that we are are the ones that are are playing with currently. It is simply another step in your stairs, Michele.

What I do know, beyond a reason of a doubt, is that you will continue to play your hand as if you are holding a royal flush in spades.

Keep your head held high. The seas may be stormy, but you are learning to guide your ship all the same. Calm seas never made for a great sailor and you my dear have become an admiral. And the seas you travel aren't for the green.

And if you do forget,

Don't forget that dawn cannot exist without dusk, and so too hard times cannot exist without good times.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
grandmamichelf (03-24-2018), Mystycl (03-21-2018), PinkFreak (03-21-2018)

Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #4
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

I just absolutely adore all y'all people even though life has kept me away for long periods of time. But I always know I have a place to come to and that's full on comforting.

Sphinx, you always have way of reminding me that I do this journey as I should.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (03-26-2018), TheKdd (03-31-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #5
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,327 Times in 5,295 Posts
Groans: 272
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

smooches!

Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,904 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
I just absolutely adore all y'all people even though life has kept me away for long periods of time. But I always know I have a place to come to and that's full on comforting.

Sphinx, you always have way of reminding me that I do this journey as I should.
We adore you too! Sometimes we all need a reminder that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Never a step forward or a step back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
TheKdd (03-31-2018)

Old 04-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #7
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Well an update. We went to the stroke clinic and the neurologist ordered another MRI. Did that this past Monday . On Wednesday got the news---no brain tumor. A bleeding stroke. But they can't tell what caused it.

All other tests were fine with no blockage. He said the swelling on the brain is going down like they want it to so another MRI is scheduled July 25th. The appointment with the neurosurgeon has been cancelled.

They hope to be able to see more when the swelling goes down more over the next 3 months.

So my whole thought process was: brain tumor or stroke? Which do we choose? Thankfully the choice we made is true at this point.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (04-14-2018), SassyGal (04-13-2018), Sphinx (05-10-2018)