Navigation » YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! > Yakkity's Reality > All Other Reality: Out of Season or Niche > Project Runway » Project Runway All-Stars 2: Episode 3, Designers get funky with some spray paint!

Notices

Project Runway Make it work! The latest season is underway. Any favorite designers?

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
tvyak Project Runway All-Stars 2: Episode 3, Designers get funky with some spray paint!

Hey, welcome back to the Project Runway recap, sorry for the break last week! All in all, Wendy was eliminated, Uli won the challenge. I was sad Wendy was gone so early, but meh!

This week, the designers are challenged to create a look using spray art! They get to make there own fabric using the spray paint, some of which turns out funky, others… not so much. They then get $50 to spend on fabric before designing.

During the designing portion of the show, Laura seems to be getting on every ones last nerve. You can see her trying to turn it on Ivy, but Ivy has not done anything wrong yet. Laura just seems a bit stuck up. Joanna has her usual speil about the designs, she seems to like most of them though!

On runway day, Kayne is rushing around, and most designers are very confident.

Runway Show

Ok, the runway show seemed very average to me this week. No amazing outfits. Nothing that made me go WOW; and to be honest, nothing that made me want to lose my dinner. However, there was still the normal under-rated, over-rated and fashion faux pas, as of every episode.

Under-rated:*Casanova – I thought this design definitely deserved a top spot. It flowed, it was classy, and I really liked the four different concepts and how they worked together!

Over-Rated:*Ivy – I thought the whole look was quite bad, I*didn’t*love the jacket. I*don’t*think it deserved a bottom spot. But it definitely*didn’t*deserve top 3.

Fashion Faux-Pas:*Suede – I think the right person was eliminated. This design was very*amateur. The circles were just not nice, very school project to me.

So the judges agreed with me about the bottom (for once), and Suede was eliminated. Emilio won the challenge, which was pretty nice, but I am more rooting for his model (Aminat from ANTM). In the table, as shown below. Ivy is holding the top spot with Anthony after getting into the top 3 every week, Andrae still has a lot to prove, but for me personally, Joshua and Casanova have been rocking the season, and Kayne is just not impressing me.

Thanks for reading, and make sure to check out my ANTM recap too. What does everyone think about the remaining designers? Did Suede deserve to go? Emilio to win?

Much Love,

Luke
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,226 Times in 1,484 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

thought Ivy's was hideous and I laugh that they call Graffiti aerosal art! come one people!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
Ldbright
Senior Yakster

Groans: 280
Groaned at 99 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina View Post
thought Ivy's was hideous and I laugh that they call Graffiti aerosal art! come one people!!!!!!!!!
Same here! They seem to be obsessed with Ivy this season, I dont think anything she has done has been top 3 worthy yet!
Ldbright is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,737 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

Gonna disagree - Ivy's outfit was fashion forward, interesting and well crafted...The hem on the shirt alone gets top marks from me. I could see many trend setters wanting this outfit.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote