Notices

Live at Five with Yakkity Yaks Anything and everything news/weather related should go here

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #21
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,466 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

I love how the Prez and all just keeps on making these speeches as all of our jobs get outsourced. COME ON PEOPLE!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #22
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,470 Times in 5,525 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Same can be said of the Republican House. Where are their job bills? Oh that's right, we should fight planned parenthood first, or see if we can save $5.00 de-funding NPR, then give the $5.00 savings to the multi billionaire "job creators", cause that has proven itself to do well creating jobs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #23
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts

Did anyone see the 60 minutes segment about companies that are now housed in foreign countries because their tax rates are lower? Even China is thinking of lowering their tax rates for corporations in order to boost their economy. There is some truth to all of this. However greed runs amuck in our country. Even if tax rates were lowered to lure these American companies back to the states, they would only fill their coffers not create jobs.

I'm just appalled that this has happened. It's only sad to see how both political parties are to blame for this shit.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #24
TheKdd
Your mama what?

I was watching a piece of the Republican debate tonight, and they think we should do away with minimum wage laws. I also heard (not on the debate) another one talking about doing away with child labor laws.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THE COUNTRY THEY WANT TO MAKE THIS ONE INTO.

Grandma, of course they want to go where the tax rates and labor is lower. It's all about greed. There is ZERO truth to lowering taxes will make them stay here or provide more jobs here. Yes, their headquarters may stay here, but unless we lower minimum wage, and have people here who will work here for $10 a day, then they will still be over in India. Lowering their taxes will do nothing.

In my opinion, I think they should not be considered an American company at all if over 10% of their production is overseas. If they aren't doing anything for this country, then why have them here at all? Let the middle class start up this economy, and let the Nike's go to Indonesia and get charged import fees for selling their crap here.

~
~
The Following User Says Thank You to TheKdd For This Useful Post:
Hapyhouswf (09-07-2011)

Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #25
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

I am not saying I am a freaking Rep or a freaking Democrat...I think they all should be voted out of office that holds any position right now...I think the American people need to stand up yes middle class and demand we get tax breaks instead of paying for the freaking rich and freaking poor...

There is a short back page hidden article (our news paper is democrat all the way...But Mitt Romney he is a dick...I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only one running and here is why...

Romney's jobs plan would cut taxes, slap China, drill for oil:

Casting himself as America's CEO, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney yesterday outlined a sweeping economic plan that would reduce regulations and taxes on companies, sanction China over it's currency practices and weaken the clout of labor unions.
Trying to hold off surging rival Rick Perry, Romney traveled to economically suffering Nevada and stood inside a giant truck warehouse to deliver his muti-point plan designed to position him as the GOP contender with the most comprehensive approach to fixing the economy.
"This is a business plan America," Romney told supporters as he promoted his plan as one designed to modernize and economy he says is still oriented toward earlier decades-and held up GENERAL ELECTRIC CEO Jack Welch and former Apple CEO Steve Jobs as "real deal" leaders in U.S. economy.

source The Associated Press reprinted in our Newspaper...

General Electric...net 14 million or was it billion in revenue...Did not pay one red cent in federal taxes and received 2 million or billion I can't remember and he wants to give them further tax breaks...I cry BS!
Hapyhouswf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKdd View Post
I was watching a piece of the Republican debate tonight, and they think we should do away with minimum wage laws. I also heard (not on the debate) another one talking about doing away with child labor laws.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THE COUNTRY THEY WANT TO MAKE THIS ONE INTO.

Grandma, of course they want to go where the tax rates and labor is lower. It's all about greed. There is ZERO truth to lowering taxes will make them stay here or provide more jobs here. Yes, their headquarters may stay here, but unless we lower minimum wage, and have people here who will work here for $10 a day, then they will still be over in India. Lowering their taxes will do nothing.

In my opinion, I think they should not be considered an American company at all if over 10% of their production is overseas. If they aren't doing anything for this country, then why have them here at all? Let the middle class start up this economy, and let the Nike's go to Indonesia and get charged import fees for selling their crap here.

Kerry's wife owns Heinz company and they moved over seas...Should tell you something...This out sourcing crap has only hurt the US economy...I buy Made in America when I can find it...which lately isn't often.....

You are right about lowering taxes that just puts more money in the CEO's pockets...
Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #27
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapyhouswf View Post
and held up GENERAL ELECTRIC CEO Jack Welch and former Apple CEO Steve Jobs as "real deal" leaders in U.S. economy.

General Electric...net 14 million or was it billion in revenue...Did not pay one red cent in federal taxes and received 2 million or billion I can't remember and he wants to give them further tax breaks...I cry BS!
Apple didn't pay any taxes either. Verizon actually got money back!!

~
~

Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #28
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,904 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

First of all, this outsourcing is nothing more than the Global Economy and the fact that Americans have luxurious tastes. It is a result of globalization and economic trade that has made the developed nations have much more money and live in what many would consider to be luxury. If this were to disappear, many things would happen and many of those things would not be very pretty.

If you subscribe to the Neoliberalism ideology of International Relations, then they believe that through cooperation and trade states (countries) won't go to war with one another because of vested interest in one another. Thus, if they go to war, they not only are brutally mutilating their economies and thus mutilating one another's citizens, but it'll be extremely difficult to build back up. Also, with all of the interdependence currently in the world, if the United States decide "I'm done, I'm taking my ball and going home because we're getting screwed"...well, guess what? It wouldn't work.

Look at North Korea, Iran, etc: They are cut off from the world because they don't play by the standards developed by The West. The United States developed the Economic Governance that is in place currently because it benefits us the most. If you disagree, then I'll open them a bit further. In the 1990s what International Organization was developed? If you answered the World Trade Organization, you would be correct. In 1971, what standard did the United States move away from? If you answered the gold system, you would be correct.

Bretton Woods, which was developed after WWII, was the development of global monetary issues. In 1971, after Nixon realized all the gold was basically gone, the United States moved to make the world into a fiat system. This was at the United State's benefit. With the World Trade Organization, guess which country is still not in the WTO, if you guessed Russia that would be correct.

The United States was the sole hegemon (superpower) following the collapse of the Soviet Union. As a result, it could develop economic policies that only benefited it. However, that is no longer the case as the epicenter of the financial crisis in 2008 was the United States. The United States's power is rapidly declining, and militarily while we are unmatched, China is on the rise. However, look closer at our military: which war have we won since Vietnam that wasn't a complete disaster, or lost altogether? I do not include Yugoslavia, as that was led by the US but NATO was in command.

Romney is an idiot. China holds roughly $1 trillion in U.S. Treasury bonds. China could at any moment drop those dollars and completely kill the United State's economy like that. Now, if you go back to Neoliberalism, why would China do that? We are the biggest importer of their products. But there's a bigger issue: China wouldn't have anywhere to dump that money. The United State's Treasury Bonds are still the most secure in the world, despite the debt downgrade (Another governance issue, another day). For example: if you were to buy $100 of Greece's debt, you would get $80 some dollars every year ontop of your $100. 'Course you run the risk of their economy failing, but still.

The problem with the global economy is that there's no single governing board.

Last edited by Sphinx; 09-07-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,207 Times in 3,328 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapyhouswf View Post
Kerry's wife owns Heinz company and they moved over seas...Should tell you something...This out sourcing crap has only hurt the US economy...I buy Made in America when I can find it...which lately isn't often.....

You are right about lowering taxes that just puts more money in the CEO's pockets...
Heinz isn't overseas. Their world headquarters is in Pittsburgh where it's been since 1890.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #30
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
Heinz isn't overseas. Their world headquarters is in Pittsburgh where it's been since 1890.
The headquarters are in PA...But during his run for president he was ask about his wife's company sending it over seas and his response was it's cheaper?? I heard that myself...

I found this on google...

The headquarters for H.J. Heinz company is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company manufactures thousands of food products in plants on six continents and markets to more than 200 countries and territories.