Notices

Live at Five with Yakkity Yaks Anything and everything news/weather related should go here

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
Bigbrotherfan1977
YakBB2 Runner Up!

Thanked 1,339 Times in 1,043 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts

This is terrible. I hope they find her and she is ok. I feel for her family especially with the holidays being right around the corner.
Bigbrotherfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
MissSouthernLady
YBB Executive Producer

Thanked 1,035 Times in 615 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Saying a prayer
MissSouthernLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,642 Times in 6,617 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,038 Times in 953 Posts

Oh man. Things are now coming out ...

Quote:
On the night she was last seen, Teleka Patrick tried to check in at the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites in downtown Kalamazoo, but eventually had to hitch a ride from a hotel courtesy van driver after she wasn’t able to get a room, investigators said Monday.

Those were among new details Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Pali Matyas released Monday, 11 days after Patrick, 30, a first-year medical resident in psychiatry at the WMU School of Medicine, was last seen heading to her gold 1997 Lexus ES300 in the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center on Gull Road.

Indiana State Police later found Patrick’s Lexus in a ditch off westbound I-94 near Portage, Ind., at about 10:20 p.m. CST on Dec. 5. Matyas said the agency received a report from a caller who said Patrick’s car, with one person inside, was driving erratically along the highway.

Patrick was reported missing on Dec. 6 after she failed to show up for work in Kalamazoo. Patrick has been in Kalamazoo since July and as a medical resident worked at Borgess and Bronson Methodist Hospital.

Indiana State Police investigators have said they’ve done several searches for Patrick, including the night that her car was located on the highway. The searches have been done on foot, with the use of a bloodhound and an all-terrain vehicle.

First Sgt. Al Williamson said previously that the search with the bloodhound was done on Thursday. The search with the ATV was done on Friday. Police have been focusing on a one-mile radius near the Porter/Burns Harbor exit off I-94.

On Monday, Matyas said that when the bloodhound searched the area where Patrick’s car was found, the dog went “from the car right straight out to the road so the presumption is that someone picked her up and, at that point, it could have been anybody.”

Patrick’s family, including her mother and father, and sister, were in Kalamazoo Monday to attend a prayer vigil for Patrick at Trinity Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church in Parchment.

Patrick’s sister, Tenesha Patrick, also said family members spent the weekend in Indiana where they searched the area for Patrick and handed out fliers at gas stations, truck stops and other businesses off the highway between Gary, Ind., to east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exit on I-94.

Tenesha Patrick said her family has retained a private investigator to help with investigation of her sister’s disappearance. They also are planning to offer a reward for any information leading to Teleka Patrick’s whereabouts, she said.

Tenesha Patrick said the family was hopeful that the vigil Monday night in Parchment will help to galvanize family, friends and residents in the effort to find Teleka.

“It’s really about getting her face into people’s minds,” Tenesha Patrick said.

Matyas said Monday that investigators do not know why Patrick was trying to get a room at the Radisson. He also declined to say what time the courtesy van driver dropped Patrick off at the Borgess parking lot.

Matyas has said previously that detectives were unable to obtain security-camera footage from the parking lot because the hospital’s system was not working properly.

Patrick’s disappearance has spawned heavy traffic on social media, from Facebook to Twitter. Many are advocating for national coverage of her case to news outlets such as CNN.

Information posted on both social networks Monday said Nancy Grace planned to talk about the case on her show at 8 p.m. Monday on the CNN Headline News channel.
SOURCE

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
Cathy
Shot Bun

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,641 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 29 Times in 27 Posts

Her story was on our local news this morning....I really hope they find her safe
Old 12-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Was it, Cathy? Are you close to the area in Indiana where her car was found?

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

We close our eyes

Old 12-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #16
Cathy
Shot Bun

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,641 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 29 Times in 27 Posts

No, not really close
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #17
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Oh man. This is getting more twisted.

Quote:
Well-known Grand Rapids pastor and gospel singer Marvin Sapp filed a request for a personal-protection order against Teleka Patrick, alleging the Kalamazoo doctor was stalking him, according to a report from WOOD-TV 8.

Sapp, a Grammy-nominated singer, said in the request for the personal-protection order that Patrick made claims that Sapp was her husband, joined his church, contacted Sapp’s children and went to the pastor’s home, according to a brief report posted just before 5 p.m. on WOOD’s website.

The revelation is the latest bizarre wrinkle in a case that began Dec. 5 when Patrick, 30, disappeared following a shift at Borgess Medical Center on Gull Road.

On Wednesday, Patrick’s ex-husband, Ismael Calderon, told WOOD that he had concerns about Patrick’s mental health and that her refusal to get help led to the dissolution of their marriage.

Patrick's parents, Irene and Mattahais Patrick, issued a statement Thursday putting the focus on their daughter, saying the recent developments do not change the fact that she remains missing and the search for her continues.

In the hours leading up to her disappearance on Dec. 5, Patrick borrowed $100 from a friend and received a ride from Borgess to the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites in downtown Kalamazoo where she tried to get a room.

After she was unable to book a room, Patrick got a ride from a hotel courtesy shuttle driver who dropped her off at her gold 1997 Lexus ES300 in the Borgess parking lot.

On Tuesday, Carl H. Clatterbuck III, a Kalamazoo private investigator hired by Patrick’s family, said the shuttle driver who dropped Patrick off at Borgess at about 8 p.m. on Dec. 5 told Kalamazoo County sheriff’s detectives that he saw Patrick ducking between cars in the parking lot as if she thought someone was watching her.
Patrick’s Lexus was later found just after 10 p.m. on Dec. 5 in a ditch off westbound I-94 near Portage, Ind. Her wallet, ID and credit cards were found inside the car. The car’s keys were not in the Lexus.

Patrick left her purse and cellphone at the hospital the night she went missing. Those items were found Dec. 6 when Patrick was reported missing after she failed to show up for work.
SOURCE

And the family's statement.

Quote:
The parents of missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick issued a statement Thursday, putting the focus on their daughter in the wake of recent stories about her mental state.

In recent days, YouTube videos showing Patrick singing to a love interest have surfaced. On Wednesday, WOOD-TV reported that her ex-husband said she was mentally ill and Thursday the TV news station reported that pastor and gospel singer Marvin Sapp requested a personal-protection order against her.

Here is the statement issued late Thursday by Patrick's parents, Mattahais and Irene Patrick:

Another day has gone by and Teleka still isn’t home.

There are so many details that have been revealed during the course of this investigation that confuse and hurt us all the more. We would like to thank Ismael Calderon for coming forward and giving us some insight as to what Teleka may have been thinking/ experiencing on the days leading up to her disappearance. We have the utmost respect for him. Regarding the YouTube videos that have been found, we do not have any information as to who or what she is referring to. We have had no indication of a recent significant other, besides a relationship that ended early this year.

Regardless of Teleka’s emotional state, we believe wholeheartedly that she has encountered some harm or danger. It is unlike her to go any significant length of time without any contact with family or friends.

Concerning the protection order that was filed against Teleka earlier this year, we have been advised by the Kalamazoo Sheriff’s Department that the release of this information could possibly impede the investigation into her disappearance. We encourage you to contact the Kalamazoo Sheriffs Department and the FBI with any questions that you have. Throughout the course of this investigation there have been more questions than answers and all we want is for our daughter to be brought home. We need closure. We need answers.

The fact that Teleka's car was found with a flat tire on I-94 has not changed. The fact that she has not been seen since December 5th has not changed. These are the facts that frighten us. Teleka is missing and we want whoever has her or has harmed her in any way to come forward.

Teleka is our eldest child. One of three bright stars in our lives, and we won’t be whole again until she is found.

If you have any questions, please contact us at findteleka@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Mattahais and Irene Patrick

#findTeleka
SOURCE

We close our eyes
The Following User Says Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
Shiny Beige (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #18
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Here are the YouTube videos

We close our eyes

Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #19
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

OK last article

Quote:
In granting a request for a personal-protection order, a judge found clear evidence that a well-known West Michigan pastor and gospel singer was being stalked by Dr. Teleka Patrick, court documents show.

Marvin Sapp, a Grammy-nominated singer who heads Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, filed a petition for the protection order in September saying Patrick had been contacting him for “at least a year” and made claims that he was her husband.

Sapp also said in the affidavit that Patrick, after moving from California to Michigan, joined his church, contacted his children and came to his home.

“I’m a national recording artist on the RCA label who she has claimed as her husband,” Sapp said in a hand-written, two-page affidavit that accompanied his personal-protection order request.

“... I have at least 400 pages of correspondence from her which I have never responded to. (It) has gone on for at least a year ... I travel and I need to insure that when I’m home or away my teenage children are covered.”

Kent County Circuit Court Judge Daniel V. Zemaitis granted Sapp’s request Sept. 17, checking a box on the personal protection order that said the petition and affidavit “clearly establish that the petitioner is being stalked ...”

The order, which is effective until March 18, prohibits Patrick from following, approaching or confronting Sapp in a public place or on private property. It also prohibits her from contacting him by mail, email or the Internet, and from entering Sapp’s property, among other things.
Patrick, a first-year medical resident with the Western Michigan University School of Medicine who was working at Borgess Medical Center, has not been seen since Dec. 5. The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office, Indiana State Police and the FBI are investigating.

Court documents in Kent County show that sheriff’s investigators in Kalamazoo were aware of Sapp’s personal-protection order against Patrick just days after she disappeared. Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. William Sparrow requested a copy of the personal-protection order and affidavit Dec. 10.

Patrick got a ride from a co-worker at Borgess to the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites in downtown Kalamazoo. After she was unable to book a room, a hotel courtesy shuttle driver gave her a ride to her car – a gold 1997 Lexus ES300 – in the parking lot of Borgess.

She arrived at the parking lot at about 8 p.m. Just after 10 p.m. that night, her car was found abandoned in a ditch alongside westbound I-94 near Portage, Ind. Inside the car, police found Patrick’s ID, wallet and credit cards. After she was reported missing Dec. 6 when she failed to show up for work at Borgess, her purse and cellphone were found at the hospital.

Last week, YouTube videos surfaced of Patrick talking and singing to an apparent love interest who she refers to as “Love” and “Baby.” The videos were uploaded to YouTube in early November. It’s unknown who the videos were intended for.

Concerns about Patrick’s mental health were raised this week by her ex-husband, Ismael Calderon Jr., who said the couple’s marriage, which ended in 2011, dissolved because Patrick refused to get help for mental illness.

Patrick’s sister, Tenesha Patrick, said Thursday that Teleka has never been diagnosed with any type of mental illness and nothing in her past prompted concerns that something was wrong.

In response to the developments, Patrick’s parents, Irene and Mattahais Patrick, issued a statement saying that, despite the recent discoveries, their focus is on finding their daughter.

What Patrick’s family has learned since Dec. 5, however, has left her family with a lot of questions, Tenesha Patrick said.

“I think it’s clear that there are facets of Teleka’s personal life that the family wasn’t aware of,” Tenesha Patrick said. “... We know that she’s under a lot of stress in her program.

“I guess hindsight being 20/20 ... maybe I missed something.”

Irene and Mattahais Patrick, who have spent several days in Kalamazoo since their daughter’s disappearance, returned to Michigan on Thursday following a trip home to Florida for the holidays.

After returning to Michigan, the family terminated the services of a Kalamazoo private investigator, Carl H. Clatterbuck III, and has hired Jim Carlin, a Battle Creek private investigator who runs Justinian Investigative Services.

Carlin has investigated the disappearance of Mary Lands, a Marshall woman missing since March 2004. Lands was declared dead in 2011.

Tenesha Patrick said it is frustrating that information about her sister's past has surfaced, but "we still have no new information" about her whereabouts.

“The fact of the matter is she’s still missing and we still have no tips or leads about where she might be. ... I cannot lose hope that she is still alive and I will not lose hope until I am told and shown otherwise.

“It’s looking less likely that she’s OK, but with every breath that is left in my body, I refuse to believe that she’s dead.

Police ask that anyone who may have information about Teleka Patrick's whereabouts call the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office at 269-383-8748, or contact Silent Observer at 269-343-2100 or www.kalamazoosilentobserver.com.
SOURCE

We close our eyes
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #20
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,465 Times in 5,521 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Wow... That's all crazy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote