Notices

19Wingz Medical Mysteries Have a question for our resident medical doc, 19Wingz? Ever wonder about anything to do with medicine? Come on in.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default Not sure what's wrong with me

Because ya'll are like family to me, I just had to share something. I've been having abdominal pain for the past two weeks since I ate a China Buffet that we normally don't go to.

Then the past four days, the pain has been constant, from a dull ache to a flaming pain. There is something else happening that I won't share here because it would gross me out to read it. I went to the doctor today. I have to have a colonoscopy (last one I had was 7 years ago) and some other oscopy thing that goes through your mouth to your stomach so they can look at my stomach and see what's going on. Or if this is anything going on.

I'm scared. Since my older brother died from colon cancer in 2001, this really worries me now. But I have a deep faith in God so I know He walks with me through this. There are several things it could be besides cancer as the doctor explained. The one thing they decided is not to put me in the hospital since I'm not throwing up blood. (Gag, that just sounds gross).

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there in case I get really bitchy in the next couple of weeks waiting for the Tricare approval to get the tests done. Besides the doctor said I MUST (not ifs, ands, or buts) quit smoking on Monday. Nice of her to give me the weekend to prepare.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,468 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
Because ya'll are like family to me, I just had to share something. I've been having abdominal pain for the past two weeks since I ate a China Buffet that we normally don't go to.

Then the past four days, the pain has been constant, from a dull ache to a flaming pain. There is something else happening that I won't share here because it would gross me out to read it. I went to the doctor today. I have to have a colonoscopy (last one I had was 7 years ago) and some other oscopy thing that goes through your mouth to your stomach so they can look at my stomach and see what's going on. Or if this is anything going on.

I'm scared. Since my older brother died from colon cancer in 2001, this really worries me now. But I have a deep faith in God so I know He walks with me through this. There are several things it could be besides cancer as the doctor explained. The one thing they decided is not to put me in the hospital since I'm not throwing up blood. (Gag, that just sounds gross).

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there in case I get really bitchy in the next couple of weeks waiting for the Tricare approval to get the tests done. Besides the doctor said I MUST (not ifs, ands, or buts) quit smoking on Monday. Nice of her to give me the weekend to prepare.
Sorry you feel crappy Grandma! But glad you are having a colonoscopy. I've been having problems for like two years with a left side pain that they can't figure out. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy a few months ago, all at once. It came back that I had some diverticulitis but it was a relief to find out there was no colon cancer. I'm hoping you get the same result. Think positive, sounds like I wouldn't eat at that restaurant again! Hopefully it's something minor. Thinking of you. Please make sure you let us know the outcome!! xoxo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,654 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

Grandma, I dont think you eating out had anything to do with it, to be honest. I think that's just coincidental. If you wanna PM me your other symptom, I might be able to help more? But then again, you are seeing a GI for your scopes so they will be more than knowledgeable to work it out with you. Just think positive and we're here for ya!!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
Cathy (07-28-2013)

Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

When is your appointment? Keep us updated please.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts

Have to wait for Tricare to approve the referrals. I'll let everyone know.

Wingz, sending you a PM just to let you know what's going on.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
SassyGal
Admin Asst./Silver Yakkster

Thanked 2,926 Times in 2,287 Posts
Groans: 44
Groaned at 43 Times in 40 Posts

hugs & prayers!!

I am going to say maybe the spices are the very thing that helped you to find this so you could be taken care of!

Subscribe now to CBS All Access

SassyGal is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
BigBrotherFly
Senior Yakster

Groans: 4
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts

I think it's just coincidental that you had pains after the buffet. I'm trying to think what could have happened.. ;( Sorry Grandma that you're going through this.
BigBrotherFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
Cathy
Shot Bun

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,641 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 29 Times in 27 Posts

Grandma we will keep positive thoughts and prayers for you
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
aztekpm
Graphics Extraordinaire

Groans: 16
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts

Hugs and prayers Grand.
aztekpm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

Sorry you have this worry in your life. The not knowing is always the worst, but hopefully you will have answers soon.

And .... I used to smoke ..... quitting isn't easy, but I'm here to tell you, you will feel so much better when you've stopped. Good luck!