Notices

Big Brother 19 Big Brother 19 premieres June 28, 2017!

Big Brother - Season 19

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #21
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 4,978 Times in 3,468 Posts
Groans: 1,047
Groaned at 818 Times in 574 Posts

The Canadian BB this year did a half vet and half new player season and also started out with a fan chosen "safety pass" which allowed one houseguest safety to make it to the jury...It obviously went to a vet, although not a vet that anyone expected....

...And just like the currently running season, the Canadian vet ran the show and was a complete bitch. People let her do her thing which just increased their target and she was voted out the first chance she was able to be nominated....With the parallels between seasons, it truly makes me think Paul's days are numbered.

I like the idea of mixing vets with new players. I very much enjoyed the season where BB brought back 6 vets including Rachael (who won), Jeff, etc etc...I think it adds an interesting dynamic and it's fun to see how long the star struck attitude lasts. It doesn't always work on BB, but it certainly adds an extra edge.....Survivor has been playing the vet game since season 12 and i can't think of one season since where I've hated the return of one or two players...again, it's just so interesting that players don't target these people ASAP and creates extra layers to the game that fascinate me.....

Clearly there is a portion of people that hate the idea, but in the same breathe there are people like me that appreciate it. I loved Paul last season, I don't love him as much this go around...but it's interesting to watch him come out swinging and try to play a far more aggressive game knowing he walks in with a target.

I firmly believe that Big Brother steers their game in a direction they hope creates the drama and obviously that bothers me...the early seasons of the show are a testament to how great not rigging the show is.....But who knows. This season has been so wrapped up in the Jessica/Cody/Paul triangle so my fingers are crossed that after this week we start to see a little more diversity in the game play. I'd like to see Paul go sooner than later, but damn if I can't respect how well he has played and how hard he has played. Don't want him to win, but props to him.

Big Brother honestly does work better with a new cast each go around so I agree with you to a point KC...It's tough, because it can go either way. I hope everyone here starts to enjoy the season more and find people to root for, we all have such passion for this silly game and every season I see so much hate for the things we don't want to happen...but the unpredictable nature of the beast is the reason we keep coming back. I feel good things are coming. ❤️

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #22
Shiny Beige
Silver Yakkster

Thanked 1,778 Times in 1,178 Posts
Groans: 262
Groaned at 27 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
The Canadian BB this year did a half vet and half new player season and also started out with a fan chosen "safety pass" which allowed one houseguest safety to make it to the jury...It obviously went to a vet, although not a vet that anyone expected....

...And just like the currently running season, the Canadian vet ran the show and was a complete bitch. People let her do her thing which just increased their target and she was voted out the first chance she was able to be nominated....With the parallels between seasons, it truly makes me think Paul's days are numbered.

I like the idea of mixing vets with new players. I very much enjoyed the season where BB brought back 6 vets including Rachael (who won), Jeff, etc etc...I think it adds an interesting dynamic and it's fun to see how long the star struck attitude lasts. It doesn't always work on BB, but it certainly adds an extra edge.....Survivor has been playing the vet game since season 12 and i can't think of one season since where I've hated the return of one or two players...again, it's just so interesting that players don't target these people ASAP and creates extra layers to the game that fascinate me.....

Clearly there is a portion of people that hate the idea, but in the same breathe there are people like me that appreciate it. I loved Paul last season, I don't love him as much this go around...but it's interesting to watch him come out swinging and try to play a far more aggressive game knowing he walks in with a target.

I firmly believe that Big Brother steers their game in a direction they hope creates the drama and obviously that bothers me...the early seasons of the show are a testament to how great not rigging the show is.....But who knows. This season has been so wrapped up in the Jessica/Cody/Paul triangle so my fingers are crossed that after this week we start to see a little more diversity in the game play. I'd like to see Paul go sooner than later, but damn if I can't respect how well he has played and how hard he has played. Don't want him to win, but props to him.

Big Brother honestly does work better with a new cast each go around so I agree with you to a point KC...It's tough, because it can go either way. I hope everyone here starts to enjoy the season more and find people to root for, we all have such passion for this silly game and every season I see so much hate for the things we don't want to happen...but the unpredictable nature of the beast is the reason we keep coming back. I feel good things are coming. ❤️
I appreciate everything you said, but the idiocy of playing BB for Paul to win astounds me. I better understand it in the years where the cast is made up of early 20-somethings who live at home and are still accustomed to being told what to do by a parental figure, but most of these people are functioning adults.
Shiny Beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
requiem
Ruby Chen

I totally get that Sassy.........If I ever had the honour of playing such a great game I can't imagine that I would ever want to walk behind someone and not carve out my own legacy...The fact that so many people are willing to just sit by and make someone else's moves is pretty crazy pants!!

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
Old 08-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,080 Times in 5,093 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 151 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKdd View Post
I don't necessarily think it was rigged for Paul to ultimately win, that will be something he needs to do on his own... but I do think there was rigging to help him still be there awhile. 3 weeks safety at the get go? That's a lot, and, it was one of the only temptations that could massively affect another persons game. (Ramses.) That sucked. And Cameron being Jody'd sucked. They like doing that for vets. I think they kept the Paul/Cody dynamic going as long as they could for drama. No one else in the house has been dramatic this season other than the immature antics of Josh... who won't be without the push. The DR will have to take over to push him.

Personally I think a season should be all vets or no vets. Not this one or two thing.
yeah this is what i mean.... massive amounts of help to stay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #25
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

i'm still team kevin..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #26
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

matt needs to go just because of pure stupidity!!!

Old 08-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #27
requiem
Ruby Chen

I love the different opinions. I love matt's move. Lol.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby