Notices

Yakkity's Archives This is where outdated or discontinued forums will go. Feel free to still read & post. You just might revive a topic!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #1
MaryS.
Senior Yakster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Remember my lost kitty, Charlie?

I know I mentioned on here back in Feb that I lost my kitten, Charlie, that we'd had since he was about a week old. Well, miracle of miracles, he's back home. I got a call last Wed about my lost cat, which I thought had to be a total scam... turns out, they really did have Charlie. Said he'd been coming around since March or so, but was sporadic until May. Then about a month ago, he started to come in their house. They at first thought it was a neighborhood cat, then figured he was just a stray.

A relative thought for sure he was someone's pet, so they started looking around online. I had posted a notice with a photo on KY Humane Society website... and they found it. And so then they called! He sent me a couple pictures, and I just couldn't believe it was him when I saw them. I mean, there was no question. So I picked him up last Thursday. He's been missing for nearly SIX months.... and was some 10 miles away....

He's doing great! He definitely knows me, and knows the house. At first I was a little afraid, after all he's been through, that we would have a totally different cat. But after this weekend - he's jumping on my lap, laying in his favorite spots, sleeping and eating just fin - I think that with a little time he will be back to his old self 100%.

We are beyond thankful... and I feel so freakin' lucky! I just wanted to share this great story -- I know many of you are bigtime pet lovers, and had given me support when I lost him. I felt so guilty -- still do. I've put cat safety collars on both cats and I'm ordering tags too.... Of course, that is only the safety net, because I am also going to try leash training him on a harnass. You can bet money on the fact i'll never ever let him outside on his own again. Sheesh. I have no idea what happened, because I just know that if he had been able to, he would have come home. We can't lose him again though....

Crazy happy ending!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Shiny Beige
Silver Yakkster

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,302 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts

Now this is the kind of story I like to read. I'm so glad you got Charlie back and that he's home where he belongs.
Shiny Beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,655 Times in 5,593 Posts
Groans: 285
Groaned at 155 Times in 145 Posts

WOW!!

one of mine is missing, i have been crying all night and now i get up to read this!
you have no idea how good this makes me feel!!!!!!

i am so happy for you mary! post us a pic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
MaryS.
Senior Yakster

OH MYS!!!! I will be thinking of you. I know EXACTLY what you are feeling!!! Do NOT ever give up hope! Post a notice on your local humane society website.... and I took out an ad in the newspaper too....

I'll post a pic... have to go send it online first...

And thanks guys! I am so happy! It's crazy, but I just cannot believe he's home!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
MaryS.
Senior Yakster

Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

some of my neighbors have been complaining to the committee about my cats, so i am thinking someone ..... well..... i dont have much hope....
he is solid black and those are 'wanted' by sick people!! kwim?
i just got him fixed too.... he was the only boy of the liter!
i am trying really hard to stay positive that one of the bazillion kids in this neighborhood took him home!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

wow mary he is beautiful! he is WAY bigger than i thought he was.... he doent look like a kitten... LOL

Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
MaryS.
Senior Yakster

Mys! he's 4 now... I've had him since he was a week old though. And his sister is almost solid black -- she has a few white hairs... plus when she was a kitten she scraped her forearm on something, and the patch grew back white. Honestly, I am thankful for such a unique identifiying mark... like Charlie's brown spot on his nose. It truly did help the people find us!

That is just AWFUL if anyone... well, I will keep hoping he will turn up. You never know, he could be in a hidey hole. After weeks of looking for Charlie last winter, I finally had to stop -- it was killing me to go to Metro Animal services and to look online or call and it not be him... the only thing I kept telling myself was that hopefully someone found him, was taking good care of him, and just needed him more than we did. I would occasionally have a dream that he would turn up, or that I'd get to surprise the girls one day that he'd come home. I believed that if he could have, he would have come home. We think someone may have picked him up thinking they'd find his home... but then he got away from there? We'll never know.

But in the end, it's hard to believe that he did come home, and that I even got to surprise the girls! Which was so cool!

Mysty... I'll be thinking of you and your kitty boy... Let us know...
Old 07-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Kit
Senior Yakster

That is such a wonderful story, I know your girls were excited when he came home!! My black cat went missing for almost a week and I was a basket case trying to find her. (For reasons Myst mentioned I was especially worried about her) I pulled my car over every time I saw a black cat in the neighborhood and chased the poor thing down to see if it was her. She finally just showed back up and has never left again. I'm really not sure what happened I guess she just needed to see what else was out there.

Completely off topic: I love your wood floors! lol
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
MaryS.
Senior Yakster

Thanks Kit!

I for sure thought he'd show up... he just never did. So GREAT that your kitty came home. It's heartwrenching when they are missing!