Notices

Live at Five with Yakkity Yaks Anything and everything news/weather related should go here

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #21
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,208 Times in 3,329 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

Celebrity Twitter reaction:

Jon Favreau: ”We lost a man of true vision today. Condolences to the whole Apple family.”

Ashton Kutcher: ”I never thought I could be so busted up about the loss of someone I never met. #stevejobs”

Alec Baldwin: “Sad about Steve Jobs. On par with Henry Ford, Carnegie and Edison.”

Jimmy Fallon: “Thank you, Steve Jobs, for all of the fun and amazing ways you made our lives better….Sent from my iPhone.”

Howard Stern: “Steve Jobs was a true original. So Sad. A tremendous loss.”

Ryan Seacrest: “‘Have the courage to follow ur heart & intuition. They already know what u truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.’ – Steve Jobs”

Neil Patrick Harris: “Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. Your genius will live on for generations to come…”

Patton Oswalt: “RIP Steve Jobs. Closest thing we had to Tony Stark.”

Damon Lindelof: “Steve Jobs. On behalf of every dreamer sitting in his or her garage who is crazy enough to try to change the world, you will be missed.”

Lee Unkrich (director of Toy Story 3): “History will remember Steve Jobs for what he gave to the world. I will remember him for what he helped give my daughter: a healthy heart.”

John Hodgman (the PC in the Mac/PC ads): “Everything good I have done, I have done on a Mac.”

Dianna Agron: “We never met, yet I stand beside members of this giant playground that you discovered for us. We use it every day, never tiring of the sand.”

Jesse Tyler Ferguson: ”So sad to hear about the brilliant Steve Jobs passing. RIP. Sent with love from my iPhone.”

Jeff Probst: “Watching the Steve Jobs tribute on CBS. Amazing how much this man helped change our lives. What we’re doing right now.”

Mindy Kaling: “Hard not to think how much Steve Jobs could’ve done with more years. So sad. You’re the best, Steve.”

Danny DeVito: “Steve Jobs miss you from the planet have you with me every day on earth”

Vinny Guadagnino: “STEVE JOBS IS DEAD?!?!!? NOOOOOO REST IN PEACE TO A TRUE AMERICAN GENIUS”

Ian Somerhalder: ”My heart and gratitude go out,like so many of us,to Steve Jobs and his family. You Sir are one of the greatest minds the world will ever see”

Tory Burch: “Saddened by the loss of #SteveJobs. A true visionary and inspiration.”

Terry Moran: ”‘I want to put a ding in the universe.’ –SteveJobs. Fair to say the universe has been good and dinged.”
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellowdog For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (10-06-2011)

Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,468 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

My daughter's CEO is close personal friends with him. He got his first job at apple at age 19. He says if it wasn't for Jobs their multi-billion dollar business wouldn't even exist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,208 Times in 3,329 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

They just said on CNN that he may be considered the greatest CEO of all time. Just think of that. And the saddest part is that he could have done this for maybe 15 or 20 more years. Who knows what we will never have because he died so young?
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #24
KaysarRocks
Mega Yakster

Thanked 1,020 Times in 909 Posts
Groans: 80
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
Westboro Church is going to picket his funeral.

SOURCE
Oh jesus fucking christ, seriously....I hope someone jams an iPad down their throats if they do.

“If you’re looking for sympathy you’ll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.”
— David Sedaris, Barrel Fever
KaysarRocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #25
KaysarRocks
Mega Yakster

Thanked 1,020 Times in 909 Posts
Groans: 80
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
They just said on CNN that he may be considered the greatest CEO of all time. Just think of that. And the saddest part is that he could have done this for maybe 15 or 20 more years. Who knows what we will never have because he died so young?
Totally agreed.

Loved Patton Oswalt's tweet about him being the closest thing to Tony Stark we ever had.

“If you’re looking for sympathy you’ll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.”
— David Sedaris, Barrel Fever
KaysarRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #26
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

RIP....So sad....He had to have known he was at the end to have stepped down at 56...Wow!
Hapyhouswf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #27
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,447 Times in 5,411 Posts
Groans: 281
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
he was a visionary, so my guess is, his 'plans' are in good hands and more 'stuff' is to come...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #28
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,447 Times in 5,411 Posts
Groans: 281
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

ok, now what grounds would westboro have for JOBS? i dont get it....

Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:06 AM   #29
Crystal
Senior Yakster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts

Definitely the Edison of our time. So sad.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #30
terpkings
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 2
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts

Just for the record. He didn't invent the iPod just populariized it in the US. A company named Thomson held 7 of the 18 patents on DRM rights with most of the important ones being held there. In the early days they had to pay Thomson $25 per iPod which was more profit than Apple was making. What made Apple go to the next level though is when they figured out that the iPod was really worth about $500 per user to them and created iTunes. BINGO - a star is born.

They didn't invent the iPad either....believe it or not 3Com held those rights on touch screen devices through their Audrey patent back in the 90's. Samsung had put out something like this 10 years prior joined by many others that never gained the momentum.

What made Jobs great was that he was able to market these ideas better than anyone and time them into the market extremely well.

It wasn't the actual devices that make Jobs a star it was the content and applications that drive the platforms which did and made Apple very wealthy.

As a CEO/Marketer, he was outstanding but I will still take Jack Welch as my CEO any day.
terpkings is offline   Reply With Quote