Notices

Arguers Corner The Yak's "no holds barred" area, so argue away. The views expressed aren't necessarily the views of YakkityYaks as an entity.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #61
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Groans: 70
Groaned at 37 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
TK, in my (extremely humble) opinion, the difference between the comments made by Harris-Perry and her crew and Phil Robertson is that Harris-Perry was targeting a specific person/family to hate on. Robertson, on the other hand, wasn't singling anyone out.

Please don't get me wrong -- although I am conservative in many ways, I do not share Phil Robertson's views on gays, blacks, etc. I just felt it was pretty ironic that some of the people who very likely were taking Robertson to task for his comments chose to ridicule the Romney family in what seemed to me to be a racist manner.

Also, it's my understanding that although Harris-Perry apologized, the sincerety of it is in question. And I read that some of the panel members refused to apologize because they felt justified in some way to say the things they did.

I just find it so hypocritical -- on both sides of the fence.
First of all Robertson was singling out me and others. and 2nd of all what was said by the MSNBC crew?

And A&E are a bunch of hypocrites because after Dog the Bounty Hunter called black people the N word they still employed him. I think they crave on controversy. Which is a shame because the arts is fading from the Arts and Entertaiment

Last edited by TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs; 01-21-2014 at 10:09 PM.
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #62
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,672 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

Controversy is a part of every reality show...and every network LOVES it. Big Brother comes to mind for being the worst offender, but it seems to be pretty much every one of these shows.

As a gay man, I try to just brush this all off. What Phil or others said isn't really how the majority of the world feels and raging about it does nothing except make people look foolish.

#FreeSpeech

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to requiem For This Un-useful Post:
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs (01-23-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #63
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Personally, I'm over trash TV in general. Big Brother, yes, this last time in particular was pretty bad. Usually, they have one off comment or two that people go crazy over, but this last year was multiple people. I'm sure it brought in ratings because our dumb downed society likes this kind of thing.

I really could give a crap what some Duck Hunting dude said on trash TV. It's just too bad he has any pulpit at all quite frankly. But alas, that's the country we live in now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKdd For This Useful Post:
19wingz (01-22-2014), requiem (01-22-2014)

Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #64
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,672 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

Well said KC <3

Ratings did go down for the return. Another year and we won't remember these people. Lol

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to requiem For This Un-useful Post:
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs (01-23-2014)